Saturday, May 21, 2005

BitTorrent and Cheeseburgers

I am a winner!

So today, I went without food all day. Now I can only imagine that you might be thinking, that the last thing a guy with my particular build needs to be doing is going all day without food. However, my one day fast was not by design. You see I got caught up in a problem with my computer, and that coupled with the rather oppressive heat, well,. food just never crossed my mind. What was the computer problem you ask? Well, to download a file (be it legal or otherwise) with BitTorrent requires that one's computer have certain ports open. With my particular BitTorrent Client (Azureus) only port 6881 needs to be open. So I went into my router settings, and forwarded that port to my computer's IP address. Unfortunately, when Azureus ran its diagnostic, it told me the port was closed. The next 6 or so hours were spent rather unsuccessfully attempting to open the port. If you have any ideas let me know. I finally came to around 6pm when I realized I was completely starving. So what's a red blooded American like myself to do when presented with near starvation (the domestic kind, not the Somalian kind) but eat beef. I went to Jack in the Box and ordered myself an Ultimate Cheeseburger. If you've never had an Ultimate Cheeseburger, you are missing out. Unfortunately, my deprived stomach had trouble handling a half pound of ground beef, a large coke, and french fries. My nausea was eased somewhat when I peeled away a little sticker on my cup. On the other side of the sticker was the word that epitomizes today's American Dream (not of the Great Gatsby variety) "Winner!" I had won an Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich, and while the idea of actually eating the sandwich is slightly shocking to my young, fragile heart, I could not help but feel a sense of accomplishment. I had participated in a marketing ploy designed to entice me to buy food that is disgustingly unhealthy and probably wholly artificial, and I had come out a winner. Wait a second, I have the feeling that part of me isn't making too much sense. I am just not sure which part.

In other news, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers in interleague play 9-0. Vlad Guerrero got hut, but he should be back. By the way don't get me started on the name change. I am over it, and frankly as long as the Angels are winning, I don't care.

Alright, I have to run spell check before the Radiohead song I am listening to finishes.

Shit. Too late.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home