Wednesday, May 25, 2005

"Lost" Weekend

For you dedicated readers, which at this point I am guessing is just about no one, I apologize for not posting in a few days. On Sunday, I went camping with a couple of old friends. We went to the lovely Leo Carrillo State Park. Click here for a great aerial photo of the campground and beach.

Our camping trip was marked by polar opposites. We breathed clean ocean air, and then smoked cheap cigars. For dinner we enjoyed wine that had been aged 10 years, and then got drunk on miller light. We surfed, and then sunbathed. Overall though, the trip was relaxing and fun. It was especially great to spend some time with Adri away from either her house or my apartment. Having a queen sized air mattress didn't hurt anything either.

Damn my left thumb really hurts. Why do you ask? Well, on the second day of camping we drove down to Zuma Beach, and Carlos (one of the guys I was camping with) who had brought 3 surf boards and wet suits, taught me how to surf. I can't believe that in my 21 years of life I had never surfed before. I was bit by the bug a little bit. I spent the first few hours riding a long board, and I got up several times. Then in the afternoon, I decided to try my luck out with the smaller board and went out a little further to catch the bigger surf. This however turned out to be not such a great idea. Not only did I never catch a wave, but the ocean kicked my ass. I wiped out several times where the waves would bounce me off the ocean bottom. At one point, I even got nailed by my own board in the back. It was AWESOME! The next morning I woke up with bruises on both knees, my lower left rib, my lower back, and one torn left thumbnail. My ears and the back of my neck are sunburned too. I really can't wait to get back out there.

In other news, I am moving out this weekend. I can't wait to get out of this hell hole of an apartment. I feel a little nostalgic thinking that this is the end of my USC days, but really, I am moving onward and upward. I refuse to write anything that would amount to a stroll down memory lane. That lane is for me, and me alone, and I refuse to share my mental self gratification. Generally speaking I only masturbate in private.

Speaking of masturbation, I just wasted 2 hours of my life tonight watching the season finale of "Lost". I watched maybe the first 4 or 5 episodes of the show, gave up, and then picked up with the last 2 episodes. I don't feel like I missed anything. The finale did not answer any questions, and while I can tell that the show is well written and acted (although at times I think its over the top), I just don't have patience for a mystery that is interrupted every 12 minutes by advertisements. I understand that if the show answered all the mystery then there would be no reason to watch, but if a person gets hooked on the prospect of eventually finding those answers, and then after a whole year no questions are answered, then what is the point of watching? I guess if you are entertained with it, then props to you, but I am not a big fan of series shows like "Lost".

I'm sorry, enough ranting for now. Over the weekend, I learned about a great Mexican breakfast dish, that I had never heard of before (I'm not well traveled). If you are in the mood for a hearty and ethnic dish try chilaquiles.

Ok, that's plenty for a catch-up post. Oh I didn't get into USC Law, after all I've done for this school...oh well.

-Ryan

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant wait to go camping again! great times with awesome friends!

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Queen sized air mattress FOR THE WIN.

I added a line from this entry to my aim profile, can you guess which one?

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home