Sunday, June 19, 2005

You sunk my battleship!

I had planned on writing a large and un funny entry tonight, but my plans were interrupted when I read Dan McConnell's blog. If you go on over to his site, you will see an entry that contains several examples of practice puzzles for the US Puzzle Championship. I thought to myself "Well self, if big bro Dan can be the puzzle man, I might as well try my hand at becoming a puzzle fan." (And no I wasn't clever enough to rhyme a monosyllabic word without a online rhyming dictionary.)

Half an hour later, I had successfully completed my first puzzle, the battleship one for those of you who are keeping track.

Unfortunately, now I am in no mood to type anything t-o-o well thought out. So sorry.

However, Dan did link me, so please feel free to use the link to his blog conveniently located in the links section.

Good night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Ahh, the battleship problem. So satisfying.

Anyway, just discovered your blog not too long ago. I look forward to reading it regularily.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan and Dan,

If you guys get a kick out of solving Solitaire Battleship puzzles, you'll enjoy my product Fathom It!. Fathom It! is an MS Windows adaptation of the Battleship puzzles you're referring to. A cool feature is the built-in rule based expert solver that will give you a fully qualified hint in English whenever you're stuck. Great way to learn how to solve these enjoyable puzzles.

Try the evaluation version. If you're truly hopeless and need a daily fix, the registered version with 32,000 boards should last you well into the year 2092.

I've had the honor of composing the Battleship puzzles for previous US Puzzle Championships.

Enjoy!

Moshe Rubin
Mountain Vista Software
http://www.mountainvistasoft.com

12:11 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Talk about your direct marketing...

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried Fathom It! just last night, it was incredible! The new graphics are just mind-blowing, and the sound effects almost make my dreary wage-slave subsistence lifestyle worth living! So check it out folks!

-kill me now

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home